Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hair raising issues

OH SHIT !!!
"I CAN'T GO OUT LIKE THIS MY ROOTS ARE SHOWING"
I remember the day of that comment and how
this young lady had spoken so metaphorically ignorant
"MY ROOTS, MY ROOTS, I CAN'T LET HIM SEE
ME ON A BAD HAIR DAY, I NEED A PERM!!!
And though perm stands for permanent it can only be temporary,
Amazing isn't it? How complex it can become
the roots on our hair is connected to our skin
and our skin tells a tale of where we have been
So those roots, those roots
some how or the other I really do wonder if you my black sisters
are afraid of your roots
my opinion or the truth?
and in our lives we try so hard to disguise who we are and where we're from
if there's some way...... would you want your genetic make up to be African?
so I question where is your identity
chastising those who hair is nappy
or on weekends to the hairdresser, religiously fervently scraping and
clawing every penny.
Hm.......Is that an Identity?


if you all think this harsh take a good look. google images on beautiful woman and see if their is any other concept of beauty than a blond or burnette.

No comments: