Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I exist

caught in a space where my ideas has no place
in this world where the greed of money
day by day is consuming our human race, Hm I exist
I exist in the presence of adolescene at five o'clock
in morn, while the sun is creeping, they're hustling
freestyling, hoping their skills will land them on a record
label. As they don't know they signing their souls
off to the devil.
I exist in the stills of the night when everyone else
is sleeping tight, My midnight oil burns dull.
Dull with candle lights. because mother the bread winner
has to suffer her needs as her hands bleeds in
the diamond mines of what we call ours,
Ruin by colonial powers,as they lay in their gluttunous riches
on east african beaches. I exist
I exist amongst mothers losing their children
to slums lords who prostitute their innocence
to european tourist. Where the only way out
lay in the hands of the serpant's mouth we call polititians.
I exist on the streets over hill tops where the rate of crime
surpasses the rate of thought where any one at the right price
can be bought.
I exist in the hearts of men whose one night
stand with that hooker around the corner leaves
his mind to wonder over the hiv rumour if his life is over.
I exist through the eyes who see their everyday lives
without water running and hope for a better life
fading
I exist the in the eyes of every freedom fighter ,
closed fist raiser whose fight lay through the souls
of Patrice Lumumba Che, Nelson Mandela
where do you exist?

No comments: