Saturday, June 03, 2006

First scriptures since

my first writings since time finally caught reality
since these times I've used my mind to adapt,
to survive in this metropolitan rain forest
where the name of the game is survival of the fittest
my emotions, my dignity, my peace of mind.
I've shape shifted and fused to the blues creating my ideology.
morphing thoughts of conspiracies of the birth of theologies,
rise in homophobic bigotry, a Blackman's place and his lost identity,
a black woman's place and her assimilated identity,a human being's place
and his quest for god's grace .

my first writings since thoughts of Katrina submerged into the thought
processes and scriptures of condemnation by the New Testament quoter,
mid west corn grower, red state occupier.
who explains this disaster was a result of God's Wrath and his anger
and that works of the flesh chaptered in the book of Galatians
explains lives displaced, families separated, as being another sign of the end times

my first writings since images of Islamic fundamentalists
being blamed for insurrections behind Paris' poverty lines.
ghettos riddled by lack of opportunity, saturated with
racial disparity and Africans immigrants slaving to make ends meet.
so I empathize with my brothers who turn to the east
but I don't sympathize.
Why?
Why should I?
Why should sympathize with the ones who believe
in the same books as the janjaweed in Sudan
who wage jihad over my nuba brothas and sistas.
who butcher men young and old, strip women and little girls
of their childhood, their innocence in midnight raids.
without any shame or fear of Allah's condemnation because they all
believe and scream Allah Akbar, God is great.
And Since my first writings my soul weeps but the heart
does not fritter.
Observe but don't let my eyes truly see
hear but don't let me listen
scream but don't let me shout
stand but never at attention.
my first scriptures since reality finally caught time.

No comments: