Monday, December 08, 2008

I miss home

I miss the lingo

the language the slang

the pace

the no scene attitude

the way we ring a gyal ears with lyrics

just to mamaguy

I miss Mayvis Friday morning gossip

telling EVRYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!

that neighbor pregnant

and would not even mention

that she common law kinda funny

I miss prakash on the lil stationary bike and he faithful 3 canal

even when it is dry season

I miss reading the storyline

when Gramoxone relly use to drink good

I miss meh Silver Fox and the rising sun

the Jackass who killing the Movement

and the promise off new projects that start and never finish.

ah miss when rain set it up to fall

principal leh everybody living in south go.

I miss hearing politicians promise to fix the road in LaBrea

I miss everything about you, yet nothing.

I hold on to these quixotic memories of you

like a beat up, abused common law who swear dat dat is RELL Love

I love the idea that I play a part in fixing you.

I Miss coming together with you to achieve

more than what you set yourself for.

I miss the listening to the song

I..... PLEDGE !!!!!!!!!
TO SERVE MY COUNTRY
TOBAGO AND TRINIDAD
I PLEDGE
NOW THAT SHE NEEDS ME
I WILL WORK HARD

then guilty when I hear

SEE THEM RUNNING AWAY
TO THEM FOREIGN COUNTRY
NO WAY!!!!!!!!
NO WAY
NO WAY HOSAY

you are my first love
and my first heart breat
you are mother
you are child
you are my past
that's indelibly linked to my future.
you are my love
and more than my obligation

No comments: